Russell Wilkinson - Partner
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
mobile - +61 428 115 153
What Russell brings to clients
With extensive experience in-house and at Big 4, clients will benefit from his insights, data mining techniques, abilities to identify duty concessions and refund opportunities and risk review strategies. He is ideally placed to assist companies with the myriad of international logistics and customs issues they encounter on a global strategic and daily basis.
- Member of the Course Advisory Committee for Monash University’s International Trade Management course;
- Owner and operator of Trade Consultants (17 years, Melbourne based);
- Director and Leader of PwC’s Customs & International practice (four years based in Sydney)
- National Lead Partner – Customs & International Trade for four years with Crowe Horwath Sydney
Russell has successfully challenged Customs in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal ("AAT") in excess of thirty occasions with limited negative results.
Russell has worked with many Multinational Corporations ("MNC’s") during his thirty-five plus years as one of Australia’s leading advisors in developing data visualisation technique and risk review strategies over the past five years.
Russells data visualisations techniques have been connected with delivering significant duty refunds for MNC’s (one resulting in excess of $4 million of duty refunds) and considerable ongoing savings for many of Australia’s MNC’s.
Given Russell’s collective extensive experience conducting Compliance Risk & Logistic Reviews in the past, he is ideally placed to assist Australian companies with the myriad of International Logistics and Customs issues these companies encounter on virtually a daily basis.
Over his wide-ranging career, Russell has also chaired and contributed to many industry bodies and Government steering groups as follows:
- 2013 – 2016 – Member of the Trusted Trader Industry Advisory Group ("IAG") assisting in the development of the Australian Trusted Trader Program
- 2015- Member of the Streamline reporting steering group for IT changes involving the Trusted Trader monthly declaration reporting project
- 2015- Member of the Trade Facilitation Consultative Committee being a whole of Government approach to international trade facilitation
- 2014-2015 – Member of the joint steering group of the ATO and Department of Immigration and Border Protection on Australia’s Transfer Pricing policy and procedure for both ATO and Customs Valuation disciplines
- 2013-2015 – Founder and Chairman of the Customs & Trade Advisory Group ("CTAG") for Corporate Australia and the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Dept. of Agriculture etc.
- 2004 – Present – Trade Remedies Taskforce chaired by the Ai Group (Anti-Dumping and Countervailing) peak industry body advising Government
- 1992-2007 Founder – Customs Discussion Group - Melbourne
- 1987-1991 – Course Advisory Member – Monash University International Trade Degree Course
Russell has worked with numerous MNC's in Australia and overseas, including companies such as Volkswagen AG, Red Bull, Scheider Electric, Microsoft, adidas AG, Jaguar Land Rover etc.
Something you didn't know about Russell
Whilst Russell was developing my Customs Consulting expertise in Canberra during the mid-eighties, he played Division One basketball with the likes of Tim Morrissey, Bob Turner, Jerry Lee and Phil Brown and was then transferred to Melbourne to lead the Management Team for the Tigers Basketball Club’s WNBL Team (Women’s Basketball) with Lindsay Gaze and other women past players that had played for Australia.